GM has just released pricing information on its North American replacement for the Chevrolet Aveo, the new Sonic. When the subcompact model goes on sale in the U.S. this fall, it will be available in four-door sedan and five-door hatchback body styles with prices including destination to start from US$14,495 and US$15,395 (€10,290 - €10,930) respectively.
There are three trim levels, LS, LT and LTZ. The base models are offered with a naturally aspirated 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine rated at 135HP, coupled to a standard five-speed manual or an optional six-speed automatic transmission priced at $1,070.
For an additional $700, buyers of the Sonic LT and LTZ can opt for the 1.4-liter turbocharged Ecotec engine with 138HP that’s expected to return 40 mpg on the highway.
Standard features across the range include 10 air bags, electronic stability control with rollover sensing, traction control, anti-lock brakes, alloy wheels, OnStar with navigation, air conditioning, power door locks with remote keyless entry and tilt/telescoping steering wheel.
For more details on the LS and LT (GM did not release any information on the top-end LTZ), check out the list below.
Production of the new Chevy Sonic will begin this fall at GM’s Orion Assembly Center in Michigan.
Sonic LS starting at $14,495 sedan, $15,395 hatchback, including:
- Standard 1.8L Ecotec engine and five-speed manual transmission
- Class-exclusive standard 15-inch alloy wheels
- The most standard safety features in the segment, with 10 air bags, StabiliTrak electronic stability control with rollover sensing, traction control, anti-lock brakes, collapsible pedal system and power rear-door child safety locks
- Standard OnStar, with a six-month subscription including Turn-by-Turn navigation
- Standard convenience features, including air conditioning, power door locks with remote keyless entry and tilt/telescoping steering wheel
Sonic LT starting at $15,695 sedan, $16,495 hatchback, including:
- Six-speaker premium sound system with CD player, XM Radio with three-month trial subscription
- Power windows with driver's express up/down
- Power, heated side mirrors
- Connectivity package with a USB port, Bluetooth for select phones and music, steering-wheel-mounted audio controls
- Heated front seats
- Cruise control
- Fog lamps
- Standard 17-inch alloy wheels
Major available upgrades on Sonic include:
- Six-speed automatic transmission (with 1.8L engine) - $1,070
- 1.4L Turbo with six-speed manual transmission (available on LT and LTZ) - $700