Good news for European current or future owners of Chevrolet Aveo, Cruze and Trax models fitted with the brand's MyLink technology, who ponder about things like whether Siri is married and what the virtual personal assistant thinks about their spouses, Samsung phones and God, as the system will soon be compatible with their cars.
The so-called "Siri Eyes Free Integration" for iPhone users will become available on the Chevrolet Aveo and Cruze models with MyLink from March, and on the new Trax small crossover, upon launch later this spring.
“We are excited about the fact that Chevrolet will be one of the first car brands to offer Siri Eyes Free integration in Europe,” said Susan Docherty, president and managing director, Chevrolet and Cadillac Europe. “Safe, easy, reliable and portable connectivity is a top priority for our customers, and Siri complements MyLink's existing capabilities to help deliver an incredible driving experience."
Below you will find a list of things that drivers of the aforementioned models who use an iPhone can use Siri in Eyes Free mode to do:
- Make voice-activated, hands-free calls to contacts on their iPhone
- Play songs in their iTunes libraries, and even switch music sources automatically from AM/FM radio to iPod mode
- Listen to, and compose and send an iMessage or text message to a phone number or anyone in saved Contacts
- Access calendar and add appointments
- Minimize distraction even more by keeping the screen of the iPhone from lighting up even when Siri answers simple questions such as game scores or the dates of national holidays
Chevrolet said that current owners of an Aveo or Cruze with the MyLink connected radio can opt to upgrade their systems for Siri capability in the coming months.