Mazda has released a few more details on its all-new Mazda3 Sedan that will break cover at the at the 2008 Los Angeles Auto Show on November 19. When the four-door subcompact sedan goes on sale in the States in early 2009 it will be offered with a new 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine producing 167HP that will replace the current model’s 156HP 2.3-liter unit. The entry-level version of the ‘3’ will carry over its 148HP 2.0-liter four cylinder engine.
The Japanese firm also said that the sedan will boast “a class-leading 0.29 coefficient of drag” and will be available with an array of features (standard or optional) including self leveling Bi-Xenon headlights and a multi-function display with audio settings, trip computer and navigation information.
According to Carscoop sources, the 5-door hatchback variant of the new Mazda3 will be unveiled at the Bologna Motorshow in Italy city on December 3. The Mazda3 hatchback will go on sale worldwide along with the sedan in early 2009.
Highlights of the 2010 MAZDA3 sedan include, either as standard or optional:
- Available new 167 horsepower MZR 2.5L engine
- Self leveling Bi-Xenon headlights
- Adaptive Front Lighting System
- Mazda’s advanced keyless entry and push-button start
- Hands-free Bluetooth cell phone and audio player integration
- Class-leading levels of reduced wind and road noise
- Class-leading aerodynamics – 0.29 coefficient of drag
- A strategically placed Multi-Information Display (MID) that displays important driver information such as audio settings, trip computer and navigation
- Power driver seat with memory
- 10 speaker BOSE Centerpoint surround-sound audio system