The demise of the Pontiac brand killed off any dreams that General Motors might create a Firebird model out of the new 2010 Chevy Camaro, but fans of the car may find some comfort in the Trans Am conversions that are being readied by the crew over at “Trans Am Depot”. The company said that it will unveil a one-off Kevin Morgan “Trans Am” Concept at the 2009 Trans Am Nationals at the end of the month with the production version kits set to be available for order later this year.
The Phoenix T/A project that is said to recall the ’77 – ’78 Trans Am will feature among other things, new front and rear fascias, unique alloy wheels, lowered suspension and turned aluminum inserts in the interior plus a series of performance upgrades.
Trans Am Depot said that the company will be offering everything from the body conversion only to the limited Phoenix Edition with details, pricing and delivery information to be released at a latter date.
Phoenix T/A Conversion Specs – Excluding Performance Upgrades
- 1′ – 1.5′ Lowering Kit w/sway bar handling upgrade
- Wheels & Tires
- Front: 20×9.5×120 CB-66.9 Gold or Silver Machined Face Snowflake Wheels. PIRELLI PZERO 275/45ZR20
- Rear: 20×11.5×120 CB-66.9 Gold or Silver Machined Face Snowflake Wheels. PIRELLI PZERO 305/35ZR20
- Shaker Scoop
- Fender Extractors
- Exhaust Conversion w/ splitter tips
- Rear Fascia Clip w/tail lamp lenses and bulbs
- Rear Spoiler
- TA Graphic Package
- Embroded Head Rest and Console Lid – KM Graphic Punch
- Turned Aluminum Door Panel
- Turned Aluminum Dash Inserts
- Turned Aluminum Instrument Cluster
- Door Panel Badges
- T/A SN Badge and Designation