After teasing us at this year’s edition of the Chicago Motor Show in February with the Odyssey Concept (see here), Honda has finally pulled the covers off the production version its new eight-seater minivan that will begin arriving in U.S. showrooms this fall.
Minivans aren’t the most exciting-looking vehicles on the road, and the new Odyssey won’t change that notion. Nevertheless, the new styling and the 1.6-inches lower roofline give Honda’s minivan more character and presence over the current model.
Compared to the outgoing 2010 Odyssey, the 2011 model is said to be wider (Honda hasn’t yet released full details) and promises to be more functional and roomy with better interior lighting.
For now, all we know about the powertrain options is that the 2011 Odyssey will be offered at least with Honda’s 3.5-liter V6 petrol engine, with the Japanese company estimating a fuel economy for this model of 19 mpg city and 28 mpg highway.
- 3.5-liter i-VTEC™ V-6 engine with three-mode Variable Cylinder Management™
- Preliminary estimated fuel economy, Odyssey Touring Elite (City/Highway): 19/28 miles per gallon*
* Preliminary EPA mileage estimates determined by Honda. Final EPA mileage estimates not available at the time of printing. Use for comparison purposes only. Do not compare to models before 2008. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
Features of the 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite model:
- AM/FM/XM/CD Premium Audio System with 12 Speakers
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Activation
- Ultra-Wide Rear Entertainment System (RES) with split-screen capability
- External HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) input
- 150-watt AC power outlet
- Media tray with integrated beverage holder
- Removable 1st row center console with hidden storage
- New cool box in lower center stack (keeps items cool when vehicle is running)
- Leather-trimmed seating with heated front seats
- Memory-linked 10-way power driver’s seat
- LATCH child seat anchors in five seating positions, including three positions in the second row to accommodate three child seats simultaneously
- Two captain’s chairs in the second row provide adult comfort with center seat folded down
- One-strap stowable 3rd Row Magic Seat®
- Second- and third-row passenger window sunshades
- 15 beverage holders
- Trash bag ring
- HID front headlights
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- 12.6-inch ventilated front disc brakes
- Power side mirrors with integrated turn indicators
- Power tailgate