After the two Camaro concepts (see here), it’s Corvette’s turn to show up in style at the SEMA Show. Behold the Corvette Jake Edition and Z06X Track Car concept models.
First up is the Jake Edition Concept featuring the skull mascot known as Jake, which started off as a discrete logo on Corvette racing cars back in 2005. GM considers that it embodies the determination and triumphs of the Corvette Racing team, so it built a special concept vehicle to honor it.
With Z06 wheels, painted in Competition Gray, the Jake Edition also features a matte Jake hood graphic, alongside a host of other accessories, meant to discreetly enhance its appearance.
Most of the accessories used are already available for purchase, while others (Jake-logo floor mats, console lid, wheel center caps) are planned for future release.
“Jake is more than the mascot for Corvette Racing, he personifies the Corvette spirit,” said Dave Ross, design manager.
The Z06X Track Car is the second Corvette concept that General Motors will showcase at SEMA, in order to highlight performance parts that enthusiasts can use to transform their stock cars into full-blown track weapons. For this purpose, Chevrolet teamed up with Pratt and Miller, its American LeMans Series partner.
A thoroughbred track car needs to be as light as it can be, so the Z06X is packed with professional racing gear, such as carbon ceramic brakes and carbon fiber body parts. Handling is improved by the Magnetic Ride Control, aerodynamic kit, with new front splitter included, and the addition of lightweight wheels, shod in Michelin’s finest racing tires.
Boasting a low-gloss Icy White Metallic color, the exterior also gets some exposed carbon fiber body components to contrast with it.
“This concept car represents a mid-point between our GT race car and the production Z06, prepared by the team responsible for the Corvette Racing C6.R race cars, and featuring many performance parts owners can choose today” Corvette chief engineer Tadge Juechter said.By Csaba Daradics
Corvette Jake Edition Highlights
- Black color
- Corvette Z06 wheels in Competition Gray
- “Corvette”-logo windshield header graphic (concept)
- GT1 Championship Edition Jake-logo hood graphic
- Jake-logo wheel center caps (future)
- Jake-logo fender badge (concept)
- Jake-logo underhood blanket and lighting package (future)
- Chevrolet Accessory full-width rear spoiler in Cyber Gray
- Ebony leather with titanium stitching and red accents on the seats
- Chevrolet Accessory interior trim kit
- Chevrolet Accessory racing pedal kit
- Chevrolet Accessory “Jake” floor mats (future)
- Chevrolet Accessory “Jake” console lid (future)
- LS3 6.2L V-8 with Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual transmission
- Chevrolet Accessory Tech-pattern engine cover
Corvette Z06X Track Car Highlights
- Low-gloss Icy White Metallic color with exposed carbon fiber and red accents
- 2011 CFZ-option carbon fiber package, including splitter and rockers
- Adjustable carbon fiber wing
- ZR1 carbon fiber roof panel and B-pillar panels
- Carbon fiber raised hood (from the Z06 Carbon Limited Edition)
- Carbon fiber headlamp housings from Specter Werkes/Sports
- Weight-saving and shatter-resistant polycarbonate rear window
- Base Z06 1LZ trim
- Radio, carpeting and sound-deadening material removed
- SCCA-spec roll cage
- SCCA-approved window net
- Racing seat with five-point safety harness
- Fire suppression system
- Driver’s drink system
- Video camera system mounted on the roll cage
- Genuine Corvette Accessory racing pedal kit
- LS7 7.0L V-8 engine and Tremec six-speed manual transmission
- Low-restriction air intake system
- High-capacity radiator and enhanced cooling system
- New-for-2011 Z07 Performance Package, feature Brembo carbon ceramic brake rotors and special brake pads
- Lightweight racing wheels in black; 19-inch (front) and 20-inch (rear)
- Michelin racing tires
- Mono-ball control arm bushing
- Adjustable stabilizer bars
- Coil-over struts with adjustable camber plates