An all-wheel drive Mustang would have raised more than a few eyebrows, but alas, despite the reference on Neiman Marcus’ site, the new limited edition for their Christmas catalogue is RWD.
We found out by asking Neiman Marcus Group VP of Corporate Communications, Ginger Reeder, who confirmed that it was indeed a misprint.
Featured in the ritzy part of the Neiman Marcus 2015 Christmas Book, only 100 examples of the limited edition Mustang Convertible will be made, each carrying a $95,000 price tag that also includes an exclusive two-day course at the Ford Racing School where owners will get track time in an identical car.
If it makes you feel any better, Neiman Marcus will donate $1,000 to The Heart of Neiman Marcus Foundation for each car it sells.
Powering the open-top muscle car is a specially-tuned, supercharged 5.0-liter V8 producing over 700hp and 600+ lb-ft of torque, connected to a manual gearbox. The spec sheet says it runs the 0-60mph (96km/h) sprint in 3.5 seconds and tops out at 195mph (314km/h), while reportedly returning a highly optimistic 15mpg (15.7 l/100km) city and 25mpg city (9.4l/100km) – we’d love to see you achieve these economy figures in real life…
You also get a two-tone paint job, unique suspension tuning, lightweight forged 20-inch wheels wrapped in Nitto NT05 rubber, a Magnaflow custom side exhaust, Brembo brakes, front and rear spoilers, carbon fiber tonneau cover with dual humps, lightweight racing seats and other goodies that you can find out about in the spec list below.
The Neiman Marcus Limited-Edition Mustang Convertible features include:
Engine & Transmission
- 5.0-liter Ti-VCT V-8 supercharged engine
- Manual transmission
- Kooks long-tube headers
- Custom-colored supercharger
Power & Performance
- 700 horsepower
- Top speed of 195 mph
- 600+ lb ft torque @ 4,400 rpm
All-wheel drive (AWD) technology
- Performance racing suspension and sway bars
- Nitto NT05 tires
- Brembo brakes
- Hawk Performance brake pads
- Fuel consumption 15 city/25 hwy
- DFM/SMC Exclusive blue/black/metallic silver paint
- 20″ Grip Equipped wheels
- Magnaflow custom side exhaust
- Carbon fiber tonneau cover with speed arches, rear bumper insert and custom rear deck spoiler, custom chin spoiler
- Modified door mirrors
- Lexan windshield and door windows
- Heat extractor hood vents
- Edition number badge on dash
- NM Edition red/white/blue emblem
- Lightweight racing seats
- Carbon fiber accents
- NM custom-embroidered headrests and floormats
- NM illuminated doorsill plates
- Each owner will attend a two-day Ford Racing School featuring both in-classroom and on-track instruction
- Experienced race professionals will teach fundamentals of track driving, vehicle dynamics, and track line techniques
- Track time in an NM Edition Speedster (like the one they purchased) included
- Exclusive, in-depth vehicle review and Q&A session provided by Downforce Motorsports
- Four different classes will be scheduled with attendance limited exclusively to Neiman Marcus Edition Mustang