If you’re in the know on all things automotive, obsessively following news and trends in the car industry and want to put your writing and thoughts in front of our readers, then you’re at the right place. We’re looking to expand our team with experienced writers to work remotely covering a) weekday and b) weekend positions.
Do we have your attention? Read on then!
For any questions you may have, contact us directly at info(at)carscoops.com using the subject line “New Writers”, (don’t forget that, we might not see it otherwise!) and please note if you’re interested in a weekday or weekend position in your email.
Our Ideal Candidate
1) Must have at least two years experience writing news and original stories for an English-language automotive website on a daily basis
2) Ability to research, proofread, fact-check and upload your own articles
3) Up-to-date on all the latest news, cars, technologies and events in the global auto industry.
4) Be on the lookout for breaking and interesting stories throughout day and have strong news judgment
5) Access to car manufacturer and news press sites
6) Working knowledge of the internet, social media tools and photo editing software
7) Commit to at least four complete articles per day, more during major car-related events
8) A basic understanding of copyright laws
9) Willing to learn and adapt, plus good communication skills (we are a team)
10) While looking for candidates based in the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, we do welcome applications from other countries too, as long as you’re fluent in written English
How To Apply
Send us an email with the subject line “New Writers” to info(at)carscoops.com (or just click here) containing three freshly written sample posts (300 word min), with pictures from car manufactures’ press sites or your own shots, and/or embedded videos.
The sample articles should include at least one original and enticing automotive-related subject that will engage and entertain readers, plus a story on a newly introduced product. Provide links to your previous work.
The next step is to add a few lines about yourself (yes, you can attach your resume) along with a list of car sites, forums and social media networks that you visit on a daily basis to get your fix.
We promise to read every single word and if we think you’re a match, we will contact you with more information. Please note that we may not be able to respond to all emails.
We look forward to talking with you!