Tesla has concluded that the fire which destroyed a Model S in France last month was due to a bad electrical connection.
The fire occurred during a test drive event dubbed the Electric Road Trip for the Model S and at the time, a Tesla representative and two guests were in the car. They managed to escape uninjured after hearing a loud noise while driving.
In a statement to Fox News, a spokesman from the electric automaker said “the fire was caused by a bolted electrical connection that had been improperly tightened.
“Usually, these electrical connections are installed by a robot, but for this car this connection was installed manually. There has never been a similar incident in another one of our cars.”
No explanation has been given as to why the electrical connection of this car was installed by hand and not with a robot.