Dashcam Captures Horrific Collision When Infiniti FX Slams Head Into A BMW X3

After seeing this crash, you might think twice about speeding when the road is slippery.

Regardless of whether your vehicle is FWD, RWD or AWD, when you fail to adjust your speed to the conditions of the road, chances are you’re heading for trouble. As far as we can tell, that’s  what happened here as that Infiniti FX was definitely moving way faster than it should have.

Thankfully, there were no fatalities, which is surprising considering the force of the impact.

According to the description of the video, aside from the FX and the X3, two other cars suffered damages during the crash, including the dashcam car. Apparently, the hit was so powerful that the BMW was propelled backwards by nearly 20 meters (65 feet).

Now, what we find particularly disturbing (aside from everything else regarding this crash), was the fact that the wheels on the FX appear to be straight, almost as if the driver wasn’t trying to avoid the impact. Initially, the car does turn slightly to the right, but even if this was a case of speeding + understeering due to lack of grip, the front wheels should have still been facing towards the turn, right?

VIDEO

  • Kash

    I’m just glad everyone is okay.

  • KenjiK

    How dumb do you have to be to drive this fast on a road like this?

    • matrem

      In Russia….

    • Jimbo

      It’s Eastern Europe. There’s a 99% chance the driver was drunk. I’m leaving 1% out because it’s possible the driver was a grilled cheese sandwich. None of these dashcam videos surprise me any more.

    • Knotmyrealname

      Russian dumb.

    • Althea Later

      They have stupid people like this in the states too… but in Russia it seems to be epidemic.

  • alexxx

    thats why you should never do drugs…..

  • TrevP

    FX is going way too fast!

  • R1S0

    how to say it decently…. i am absofuckinlutely angry when i see surreal idiots like in that video…. they deserve a smack in the face, with a brick, at least.

  • daddy longleg

    vodkas plus mad at spouse lol

  • daddy longleg

    vodkas plus arguing lol my spouse

  • BqWsRe

    Had to be high or drunk. Complete a-hole driver needs to be in prison for a while.

    • Knotmyrealname

      …and made to watch his and many other dashcam videos over and over.

  • Blade t

    Makes no sense,,Im shocked no one died. …

    • Nikolay Borisov

      both cars are huge suvs that’s why the people are okey (thank God)

  • Ellz

    Ouch!

  • Ali

    a suicidal driver, needs to be tested by ISIS DMV for psychological assessment !!

  • datCubanguy

    ah yes Russia,the Rodina of idiot drivers out of control.

  • Vassilis

    What a f*cking idiot. We should really be constantly aware of our surroundings when driving. The BMW driver could have avoided him if he had seen him coming. Poor guy. Or girl.

    • Beelzaboot teriaksun

      I’ve watched plenty of russian dash cam crash compilations to always be aware of my surroundings. Tho nasty, I must thank these videos for making me a more aware driver ( even when someone is pulling up behind me at a traffic light , I usually leave some space in front of my car so I have a place to ” escape ” )

      • Knotmyrealname

        No time to escape there. Nice theory though, and I often think the same, but in the real world, well, you look at the video. The driver maybe realised that something was going to happen maybe 1 to 1.5 seconds before impact. All too quick. I just wish I was there to help that d-bag out of the car. Of course I would’ve made a mess of the extraction process…..

    • TheHake

      There is no way the BMW had time to avoid that.

      • Knotmyrealname

        Agreed. Indeed the BMW was probably in the best orientation to take the hit.

        • Skip

          Small offset overlap – that’s the worst condition to take that hit. How horrible. For once it wasn’t caused by a BMW though! Too bad the other driver didn’t get what they deserve (or did they?)

          • Knotmyrealname

            But think about it. If the driver reacted in any way, it would’ve been turn to the right and take the hit on the drivers door (much worse), or turn to the left and have a head on, absorbing more energy. Small overlap (in this instance) means the dumb**** driver’s car at least deflects off the victim’s X5. In my mind, it’s the best scenario.

          • Skip

            You may be right – just speaking from a purely engineering view… Nowhere they could go in any case.. Scary.

      • Vassilis

        I’m not so sure about that. I’m only guessing but I think that if he had seen him coming in time he could have driven to the gap he had on his right.

        • TheHake

          It happened pretty quickly…

          • Vassilis

            It did and that’s why I’m saying “if he had seen him in time”. Hindsight is a great thing obviously but you can tell from the moment the other car appears on screen it’s going very fast. Still going that fast 100 metres from the corner, you can tell it isn’t going to make it.

  • Valeriy

    with that kind of speed he wouldn’t make it through the turn even if in the summer on a dry road. moron

  • stallion999

    If you listen closely just before the 00:20 mark and before the Infiniti makes the turn you’ll hear a big pop and the car lowers down. I’m guessing one of the tires blew up resulting in massive under-steer. Still the driver should be hanged.

Rider Has Very Close Call With Truck After Getting Hit From Behind

No, this didn’t take place on the set of the next Final Destination movie but in Australia.

At Just $8k, This McLaren Senna Is The Steal Of The Century – Or Is It?

Granted, this model is beautifully crafted, but can actually cost more than a new car.

Watch And Hear New BMW M8 Coupe In Action

The M8 is rumored to get the M5’s twin-turbo V8, probably with more muscle.

New Audi A7 V6 TFSI, Now With 25 Percent More Power And Oversized Wheels From ABT

The tuned Audi A7 Sportback has 425PS and large 22-inch rims.

Porsche’s Upcoming GT3 Touring Cabriolet Makes Us Wonder Why

Is it just us or the idea of a convertible 911 GT3 doesn’t make any sense?.

DIY Bugatti Veyron Oil Change Isn’t For The Faint Of Heart

Changing the oil on a Bugatti Veyron is complicated, but it could save you $21,000 in dealer costs.

Lamborghini Won’t Launch Undecided Fourth Model Before Mid-2020s

Expect Lamborghini’s next model to be a supercar or four-door.

When It Comes To Automotive Cybersecurity, There Are No Easy Answers

With threats on the horizon, how should automakers respond?.

Falling Boulder Crushes Car In Dashcam Footage From China

Everyone survived with non-life threatening injuries.

2019 Audi A8 Extensively Detailed As Company Launches US Configurator

The 2019 Audi A8 will be priced from $83,800.