Following an earlier leak, Mercedes has officially announced pricing and details about the E-Class.
The entry version of the brand new sedan, that will hit European markets in April, is the E200 that’s powered by a 2.0-liter four-cylinder petrol engine producing 184PS (181hp) and 300Nm (221lb-ft) of torque and is priced from €45,303.30 ($49,427).
The E220d features a new 2.0-liter four-cylinder diesel powertrain rated at 194PS (191hp) and 400Nm (295lb-ft). Starting price stands at €47,124 ($51,414), but it is also available for a monthly rate of €399 ($435), with €9,347 ($10,198) initial payment.
From June, the line-up will be enriched with a third variant, , the E350d diesel, powered by a 3.0-liter V6 that delivers 258PS (254hp) and 620Nm (457lb-ft) of torque, which will start from €55,602.75 ($60,665). All three models are equipped with the 9G-TRONIC nine-speed automatic transmission as standard.
The standard equipment list includes Active Brake Assist, PRE-SAFE system with PRE-SAFE Sound, Thermatic automatic climate control, Dynamic Select with five selectable transmission modes, Audio 20 USB infotainment system and electrically adjustable front seats.
Customers can opt for individualization by choosing the Avantgarde, Exclusive or AMG Line design and equipment packages.
– Air Body Control (€2,261 / $2,467), with multi-chamber air suspension, a first in the segment.
– Driving Assistance Package (€2,261 / $2,467), with Drive Pilot, Active Lane Change Assist, hands-off warning, active emergency-stop assist, Distance Pilot Distronic, Speed Limit Pilot, Active Brake Assist with cross-traffic function, autonomous emergency braking at the tail end of traffic jams, Evasive Steering Assist, Active Blind Spot Assist, Active Lane Keeping Assist and Pre-Safe Plus.
– Driving Assistance Package Plus (€2,856 / $3,116) that adds the Driving Assistance Package features and the Pre-Safe impulse side, a system that moves the driver or front passenger away from the danger zone, in a sideways direction by way of precaution, if a lateral collision is detected.
– Remote Parking Pilot, the feature that allows the vehicle to be maneuvered in and out of parking spaces and garages via a smartphone app, part of the Mercedes me connect services and offered in combination with the Parking Package (€1,725.50 / $1,883) and Keyless-Go (€833 / $909) or the Keyless-Go Package (€1,439.90 / $1,571) and Comand Online (€3,272.50 / $3,570).
– Digital vehicle key (€119 / $130), available from June, which uses NFC (Near Field Communication) technology and allows the driver’s smartphone to be used as a key.
– High-Res MultiBeam LED Headlights (€2,350.50 / $2,564), each with 84 individually activated high-performance LEDs.
– Wide-screen cockpit with the individually configurable double display (€1,011.50 / $1,104) and Comand Online multimedia system (€3,272.50 / $3,570), which is the world’s fully integral Car-to-X solution, mobile phone-supported exchange of info with other vehicles that allows the driver to receive an early warning than previously in the event of imminent danger, such as broken down vehicle at the edge of the road, heavy rain, black ice and others.
Note: Prices are available for the German market.