Acura will introduce two handcrafted limited-production models at the 2019 New York Auto Show, starting with the 2020 TLX PMC Edition, set to be built by the same technicians who hand-assemble the NSX supercar.
Deliveries for the TLX PMC Edition are scheduled to begin this summer with pricing starting from around $50,000. The automaker will also introduce an MDX PMC Edition, joining the TLX on display in New York next week.
“We designed the PMC not only to build NSX, but to give Acura the flexibility to explore handcrafted production of limited edition models,” said Acura brand officer, Jon Ikeda. “The TLX and MDX PMC Edition are the first to take advantage of this unique capability, and we intend to explore additional options.”
The 2020 TLX PMC Edition will sit atop the TLX lineup, powered by an i-VTEC V6 unit working alongside Acura’s SH-AWD system. Also available will be a full complement of premium features shared with the TLX Advance Package, as well as interior and exterior elements from Acura’s A-Spec line.
A vibrant aesthetic
Each TLX PMC Edition model will be finished in Valencia Red Pearl, which is said to be the most vibrant color ever offered by Acura – previously reserved only for the flagship NSX supercar. The paint features nano pigment technology, producing a high color saturation and deep levels of contrast. Because of a very complex manufacturing process, each PMC edition car undergoes the same thorough hand inspection process as the NSX, meaning that altogether, it takes 5 days to finish the painting process.
Once that’s done, Acura technicians will begin to hand-assemble the vehicles, before adding the body-color grille surround, gloss black painted roof and door handles, dark chrome 4-inch dual exhaust finishers, and the PMC Edition 19-inch wheels.
As for the interior, there are black Milano leather seats with Alcantara inserts, custom floor mats, plus black piping and red stitching for the seats, door panels and center armrest. Meanwhile, the A-Spec steering wheel boasts perforated black leather, red stitching and metal-finished paddle shifters, while the center console comes with an individually numbered serial plaque.
In regards to on-board tech, the TLX PMC Edition comes with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, heated and ventilated front seats, heated steering wheel, the Acura ELS Studio premium audio system with 10 speakers, wireless charging, a Surround view camera, power folding door mirrors with auto-dimming, and the AcuraWatch suite of active safety systems.
TLX PMC Edition Feature Summary
Exclusive to TLX PMC Edition
- Valencia Red Pearl nano pigment paint
- Unique PMC Edition numbered serial plaque
- Gloss black 19-inch split-5-spoke wheels with black lug nuts
- Gloss black roof panel
- Gloss black door handles
- Gloss black diamond pentagon grille with body-colored grille surround
- Dual 4-inch black chrome exhaust finishers
- Premium black Milano leather seats with Alcantara inserts, black piping and red stitching
- Perforated leather-wrapped steering wheel with red stitching and paddle shifters
- Red stitching on door panel, center console, and armrest
- Premium floormats with metal A-Spec badging
- A-Spec exterior sport appearance package
- A-Spec interior sport appearance package
- Jewel-Eye LED headlights, LED fog lights
- GPS-linked navigation with Apple Carplay and Android Auto integration
- Heated and ventilated front seats, heated rear outboard seats, heated steering wheel
- Acura ELS Studio™ premium audio system with 10 speakers
- Wireless charging
- Surround view camera system
- Power folding door mirrors with auto-dimming
- Front and rear parking sensors, blind spot information (BSI) system, rear cross traffic monitor
- AcuraWatch suite of safety and driver assistive technologies