A British man’s Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder was destroyed by fire last Friday in the UK.
The vehicle’s owner, 22-year-old Lak Sira, was driving his Gallardo on the M6 motorway when he and his girlfriend started to smell petrol.
Soon, the petrol fumes became so bad that Sira’s girlfriend asked him to open the windows. He then stopped the Gallardo on the shoulder to drop the convertible’s roof when suddenly, there was a loud bang and the rear end of the car caught fire.
What makes the whole situation even worse for Sira is that his Lamborghini had been in service for two months and he’d just paid £10,498 ($13,786) to collect it. The incident happened just 3-4 hours later, and the car was destroyed by the blaze.
Speaking to Express and Star, Sira said that the fire was caused by negligence from the Lamborghini Birmingham dealership where the car was serviced. He is looking at taking legal action against the dealership.
“We nearly died, if I didn’t pull over when I did, I dread to think what happened. It was very frightening and my girlfriend is scared to get in any car with me now.
“I am meeting with my solicitor to see whether to take legal action as I can’t believe it’s a coincidence that I’d only just had the car back from the garage,” Sira said.
Firefighters arrived at the scene of the burning Lamborghini at 8:54 pm on Friday. While they were able to quickly douse the flames, the damage had already been done and the car is a total write-off. The following video is short, but shows the burned-out hulk the Gallardo has turned into.
So yesterday after waiting for 2 whole months to have my Lamborghini returned to me from servicing, I paid £10,498 and it set on fire just 3-4 hours later, brilliant pic.twitter.com/53a0L5FLt1
— LAK X (@l4444k) February 23, 2019